How do I upload an image?
Once you are logged in an "Edit images" button will appear wherever there are images being displayed on the site:
Clicking on that button will open a dialog that allows to browse all images on the site by tags:
The "Upload" button in that dialog allows you to select a local file and upload it. The image will automatically be tagged with the current selection of tags.
What are image tags?
Images can be tagged in order to identify contents of the image, e.g. which characters appear in the image, which locations appear, which episode the image is from etc.
Image tags also determine where an image is shown on the website, see: How do I make an image show up on a page?
You can filter all images on the site by tags on the Image overview page.
How do I edit image tags?
In the image upload dialog hover over an image. This will reveal an "Edit"" button:
Clicking on that button leads to the image detail view:
Here you can adjust the tags and click "Save".
How do I delete an image?
You cannot delete an image directly. You can however remove all tags from an image. Untagged images aren't shown on pages and will eventually be deleted.
How do I make an image show up on a page?
Images need to be tagged appropriately:
- For seasons: Season:1,Season:2etc.
- For episodes: Episode:S03E12+Screencapture,Episode:S05E08+Screencaptureetc.
- For characters: Character:Lorelai,Character:Headmaster Charleston, etc.
- For locations: Location:Hartford,Location:Hartford > Chilton,Location:Stars Hollow > Lorelia's House > Kitchenetc.
An image I uploaded doesn't appear on a page?
You might have to refresh the page to see the image.
How do I make an image the default image for a character, location etc.?
You have tag the image with the appropriate content tag as well as a special teaser tag. Examples:
- For seasons: Season:1+Teaser:Season
- For episodes: Episode:S03E12+Teaser:Episode
- For characters: Character:Lorelai+Teaser:Character
- For locations: Location:Hartford+Teaser:Location
How do I change the image for a referenced book, movie etc.?
You have to change the image in the originating annotation, by clicking on one of the annotations on e.g. the movie's references section:
Now after clicking "Edit" on the annotation you can change the image for the movie: